(303) 772-3711 x121
Ex Mensa... (From the Desk Of...)
Latin Office Hours is in full swing! Office Hours are a great time for students to get additional clarification or help on specific topics, retake tests, or learn valuable study skills for foreign languages! Office Hours occur every Monday, from 3:45 - 4:45 directly after school in my office (upstairs in the MS Hallway). If this date/time does not work for you or your student, please contact me to come up with another arrangement.
Logic Academy Announcements:
3rd Quarter will end on March 10th (just over a month away)! Please make sure to take care of any retakes or missing assignments before Friday, March 3rd. You all have two major summative assignments this quarter:
- Vocabulary Tests (February 6th and 7th)
- Warm Up Quizzes (February 24th and 25th) **6th through 8th Grade only
8th Graders have also taken two Content Specific Pop Quizzes based on the content from our "Meeting of Dido and Aeneas" translation which will be considered as summative assignments for 3rd Quarter.
Interested in practicing K-5 Level Vocabulary with some fun, interactive computer games! Check out Headventure Land Games! Jungle Jump is super fun - help Simeon translate the correct words!
Unitates Studia... (Units of Study...)
(All homework is listed on the calendar. If there is a physical paper to accompany it, just click on a date, and view/download any attachments.)
8th Grade: Dido and Aeneas
- We are translating each paragraph using a different technique!
7th Grade: Iliad Review
- We are discussing the characters and events from Homer's Iliad!
6th Grade: Market Day & Present Tense Verbs
- We are discussing the Roman tradition of "Market Day", while encountering stories with all 6 Present Tense Verb Endings!
5th Grade: Argus Steals the Dinner & Direct Objects
- We are learning about the difference between Subjects and Direct objects as we translate a story about our family dog, Argus!
4th Grade: The Roman Military
- We are discussing the traditional garb of Roman soldiers, and learning Imperative Commands!
3rd Grade: Work, Work, Work
- We are recognizing present tense verb endings in our story, and meeting a new "ancilla" in our family!
2nd Grade: Professions
1st Grade: Sky Words
- Vocabulary: stella (star), sol (sun), caelum (sky), luna (moon), arcus (rainbow), nimbus (cloud)