Imagine Charter School at Firestone is a K-8 Classical Core Knowledge School in Firestone, Colorado. This is a school with high academic and behavioral standards with high levels of parent involvement.
Employment Application (link to external site)
We are currently accepting resumes and applications for the following positions:
Full Time intervention teacher K-8th grades
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to:Mission
- To positively shape the hearts and minds of our students by providing them with a classical, core knowledge curriculum that is academically rigorous and content rich, a safe environment in which character is modeled and promoted, and a community in which to build trusting relationships with others.
Imagine Firestone seeks professionals who are committed to six measures of excellence:
- Integrity, commitment to the whole community, not just signing up to work in a classroom
- Justice, seeing all students as individuals with individual needs
- Fun, a bottom up approach to shared decision making
- A desire to continually learn and reflect in an academic environment
- A desire to teach in a classical school that focuses on grammar, logic, and rhetoric
- A belief that content is important to the learning process and that science and history are essential components of elementary and middle school education (Core Knowledge)
- A belief that an academic environment should be structured to encourage students to see themselves as discoverers and ask questions
- A belief that education should never be textbook or worksheet driven
- A desire to use data to improve learning gains
- A desire to infuse your curriculum with opportunities to develop positive character
- The expectation that all teachers will focus on core virtues within their daily instruction
- The understanding that all staff members are responsible for understanding our budget and maintaining a balanced budget
- The understanding that parents are a child’s first teacher and should be a partner in their child’s education.
- The desire to develop personal rapport and communication with families to ensure that parents feel welcome and included.
- The understanding that we are all responsible for marketing our school through our communication and our actions
- The expectation that we will all participate in marketing events to promote the school.
Imagine Firestone intervention teachers will inspire and prepare all students for a future success through: developing, implementing, and assessing literacy and/or math intervention instruction for students through the use of best practices in literacy instruction and math instruction, including conducting weekly progress monitoring and data analysis of students progress. Ongoing collaboration with classroom teachers and all support staff is inherent to this position in an effort to build instructional capacity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design and implement literacy and/or math intervention instruction for individual students or
small groups of students.. Use data to inform instruction and engage in collaborative decision-making.
- Collaborate with team members instruction, build capacity among colleagues, and achieve the
- Demonstrate and maintain productive and positive interpersonal skills.
- Meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Use a variety of formal and informal assessment tools.
- Together, with school stakeholders, develop, implement and review READ plans and literacy
plans for students as needed.
- Create a safe, supportive and effective learning environment for students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Teaching credential required
- Charter school experience preferred
- The desire to support the six measures of excellence listed above
- The understanding that common plan time will be scheduled to allow for structured grade level meetings
- The expectation that there will be after school meetings on a weekly basis
- The commitment to improving curriculum and instruction through collaboration, best practices, and regular assessment.
- The desire to communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
- A B.A./B.S. degree in subject area intended to teach
- A Colorado license in subject area or grade level intended to teach (preferred)
As the nation’s second largest operator of public charter schools, Imagine Schools is a dynamic organization with a strong financial foundation focused on the pursuit of excellence in education. Imagine Schools serves nearly 20,000 students from pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade.
Exceptional classroom teachers are the soul of Imagine schools. We know that it takes the nurturing spirit and teaching skills of caring professional teachers to inspire our students and evoke those “magical” learning moments each day.
- A warm, caring school environment dedicated to student academic achievement and character development
- A thematic-based integrated curriculum
- Limited class sizes
- Professional development and training
- Competitive compensation
- Imagine Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, sex, color, creed, national origin, veteran status, age, marital status, disability or any other status protected by state and local law.